Congratulations on finding the best sandals for bunions (hallux valgus). Now, get ready to step into the world of comfort. You can finally conceal and hide your bunions without big toe pain - our strategically positioned straps and vamps come up high to cover your lumps and bumps.
These bunion sandals also provide additional room around the forefoot to relieve pressure on your toes, with a soft material to avoid blisters/calluses and provide cushioning in the bunion area, as well as a stretch panel to avoid soreness and worsening of your bunion pain.
You have two choices for fashionable bunion sandals, including pretty high heels or flat sandals. Calla sandals are approved by podiatrists, with good arch support and stability, which you often don't find in shoes with extra width. Wearing the wrong shoes or flip flops on holiday can greatly increase your discomfort, and increase the chances of other deformities and foot problems.
We use soft leather for our women's sandals, to create comfortable shoes that minimise your foot pain from bunions, bunionettes, or hammer toes.
Choose day to day walking shoes for your holiday is often difficult, as any slight rubbing can cause discomfort, so we include adjustable straps to make sure it's easy to get a fitting shoe that doesn't move and create foot or heel pain.
We also have a range of wide toe box sandals which create a more roomy feel and can help with wide foot pain relief.
Whether you are new to our world of comfort, or have been blessed with wearing Calla sandals before, you may wonder what goes into creating the comforting features in our sandals. We are happy to provide answers.
Calla sandals are made comfortable with the help of:
- Super soft, luxurious Portuguese leather uppers and lining, to ensure that the sandals ‘ mold’ to your feet without rubbing
- Wide fitting toe boxes, designed with bunions in mind and specifically to accommodate them
- Standard heel areas, because we know that you only need the space in the front of the sandal where the bunion sits (Calla was founded by a bunion sufferer – no one understands the pain more than we do)
- Non-slip soles, so that you can rely on your shoes to help you stand firmly on your feet
- Our insole comfort features differ depending on the style, but each of our sandal styles features either an arch supported and cushioned insole, or a memory foam insole
- the years of expertise of our Portuguese shoemakers who handcraft your shoes
By incorporating all of the above comfort features, we have created a range of sandals for bunions that your feet will love. In fact, it was the lack of suitable wedding sandals that would fit her feet, that inspired Jennifer Bailey, our founder and fellow bunion sufferer, to set up Calla.
Three years on, and we've now provided women in 50+ countries worldwide with comfortable, stylish sandals. Jennifer does not believe that having bunions should stop you from being comfortable and stylish, and our range of sandals reflects this. Whether you are looking for a casual sandal or a heeled dress sandal, there will be a suitable style within our comfort collection. If you do not believe us, read the reviews of the women who have discovered the sandal bunion comfort already.