Penelope - Black Leather (includes inside zip)
- EE width
- Hidden stretch panel in the toe area
- Inside zip for easy access
- Arch support
Our classic chelsea boot, in classic black leather, with improved comfort and an inside zip.
Arch support, cushioned insole and a stretch comfort panel in the toe box mean lots of comfort for everyone looking for a beautiful pair of premium leather boots.
A heeled boot that can be dressed up or down: if you're going to wear one boot this winter, make it the Penelope.
6 cm (2 1/3 inch) heel
Cushioned and arch supported insole
Hidden stretch panel
Kid leather lining
Cow's leather upper
Handmade in Portugal by master shoemakers
Our Penelope boot runs a little small and accommodates mild to large bunions. If you have moderate to large bunions, please size up in this style.
-Please size up half a size if you have a narrow/normal rest of the foot
-Please size up a whole size if you have a wider foot
Please note: this shoe is a standard (D) width across the back of the shoe, and around an EE fit (stretch panel) in the toe box. This is the only width option available.
If you have very large bunions or wide feet, please get in touch at email@example.com or via the live chat with the measurements of the width around the widest part (bunion) of each of your feet and your shoe size. You can also attach a picture of your feet. We will then be able to determine whether any of our shoes would be suitable for you.
- Standard delivery (2-4 weekdays): £3.49 (Free on orders over £100)
- Express delivery (1-2 weekdays): £5.49
- Returns: Free. 28 days to return.
- Standard delivery (4-7 weekdays): Not currently available
- Express delivery (2-4 weekdays): £20
- NOTE: EU orders will be subject to pay local VAT at customs
- Returns: Fee is refundable via PayPal to some countries. Service needs to be activated here ('PayPal returns for non-UK customers'). Responsibility of the customer otherwise. 28 days to return.
- Standard delivery (3-10 weekdays): £15
- Express delivery (2-5 weekdays): £25
- Returns: free via PayPal to some countries. Service needs to be activated here ('PayPal returns for non-UK customers'). Responsibility of the customer otherwise. 28 days to return.
The Calla concept of care and craft
We believe that the ultimate comfort experience that our shoes bless your feet with is down to the supreme care that goes into designing and handcrafting them.
We enlist the help of podiatrists and shoe designers to conceive beautiful shoes that are not just comfortable, but most importantly, fit the feet of women with bunions.
Having extensively researched the process of shoe production, we've settled on making the Porto region of Portugal the birthplace of the Calla comfort.
From sourcing the softest possible leathers, through the precision and experience of all the master shoemakers at our family-ran Portuguese factory, all the way down to the careful wrapping in tissue paper: the care and craft shines through to provide you with the ultimate comfort experience.
Meet the people who made your shoes
Expertise, passion, and craft. Meet our Portuguese Calla family, pictured below while working on our AW19 collection.
The process in action
Peek inside: this is how we create the feeling of walking on clouds.
Discover the comfort for yourself
Browse the Calla collection of stylish shoes for bunions now, and find out just how comfortable your feet could be.