Esme - Black Leather
- EEE fit all around the shoe
- Made for wide feet
- Fits up to large toe areas
- Wide fitting style
PLEASE NOTE: These shoes have been made in a wider fit than our other shoes and so are suitable for a wide foot with a bunion. Equivalent to an EEE fitting. You will need to size down if you don't have wide feet. See the Size & Fit section for more details.
This classic style won't let you down. Boasting generous width, low block heel, arch support, underfoot cushioning and a sleek, pointed toe, this shoe will always be there for you. Mixing style and comfort, the Esme compliments dresses and tailored trousers alike, providing an experience that your feet will love.
Also available in red.
2.5 inch (6 cm) block heel
Cushioned and arch supported insole
Kid leather upper and lining
Handmade in Portugal by master shoemakers
Our Esme block heel is our wide fit shoe. This shoe can accommodate mild to large bunions.
Please make use of our measurement guide to determine your shoe size, and then:
- order your true size if your bunions are large/have wide feet (i.e. order size 6 UK if the guide indicated 6 UK)
- size down a whole size if you have narrow/standard feet with mild to moderate bunions (i.e. order size 5 UK if the guide indicated 6 UK)
- size down half a size if you have slightly wide feet with mild to moderate bunions (i.e. order size 5.5 UK if the guide indicated 6 UK)
We don’t recommend this shoe for ladies with narrow feet and mild bunions, as it is likely to be too wide.
Please note: this shoe is an EEE fit all around. This is the only width option available.
If you have very large bunions, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the live chat with the measurements of the width around the widest part (bunion) of each of your feet and your shoe size. You can also attach a picture of your feet. We will then be able to determine whether any of our shoes would be suitable for you.
- Standard delivery (2-4 weekdays): £3.49 (Free on orders over £100)
- Express delivery (1-2 weekdays): £5.49
- Returns: Free. 28 days to return.
- Standard delivery (4-7 weekdays): Not currently available
- Express delivery (2-4 weekdays): £20
- NOTE: EU orders will be subject to pay local VAT at customs
- Returns: Fee is refundable via PayPal to some countries. Service needs to be activated here ('PayPal returns for non-UK customers'). Responsibility of the customer otherwise. 28 days to return.
- Standard delivery (3-10 weekdays): £15
- Express delivery (2-5 weekdays): £25
- Returns: free via PayPal to some countries. Service needs to be activated here ('PayPal returns for non-UK customers'). Responsibility of the customer otherwise. 28 days to return.
The Calla concept of care and craft
We believe that the ultimate comfort experience that our shoes bless your feet with is down to the supreme care that goes into designing and handcrafting them.
We enlist the help of podiatrists and shoe designers to conceive beautiful shoes that are not just comfortable, but most importantly, fit the feet of women with bunions.
Having extensively researched the process of shoe production, we've settled on making the Porto region of Portugal the birthplace of the Calla comfort.
From sourcing the softest possible leathers, through the precision and experience of all the master shoemakers at our family-ran Portuguese factory, all the way down to the careful wrapping in tissue paper: the care and craft shines through to provide you with the ultimate comfort experience.
Meet the people who made your shoes
Expertise, passion, and craft. Meet our Portuguese Calla family, pictured below while working on our AW19 collection.
The process in action
Peek inside: this is how we create the feeling of walking on clouds.
Discover the comfort for yourself
Browse the Calla collection of stylish shoes for bunions now, and find out just how comfortable your feet could be.